Parking Rules & Regulations
Parking permits are required for vehicles parking on Borough roadways for more than two hours (Monday-Friday) and must be visible on your vehicle. Please find additional information below:
Resident requirements for Parking Permits:
- Copy of valid N.J. driver’s license
- Copy of valid N.J. insurance
- Copy of valid N.J. registration
(all documents must reflect an address in the Borough of East Newark)
- Proof of employment (letter from employer)
- All documents listed above
- Yearly fee is $50.00 renewable January 1 of the following year.
- Check or money order only (no cash)
- Any vehicle with the permit not located in the correct area will be subject to a summons.
- Should you move from one address to another and remain in the Borough, you must advise the East Newark Police Department.
- Permits will not be issued for commercial, livery, omnibus or taxi vehicles.
- Permit to be used solely on the vehicle it was issued to.
- Permits are not valid for street cleaning parking regulations.
- Please read the signs posted throughout the Borough so that you may become familiar with the parking rules and regulations.
- Parking lot areas located throughout the Borough are private and any unauthorized vehicle parked in a private lot is subject to a summons and the towing of their vehicle.