Frequently Asked Questions
* Who can schedule my marriage or civil union appointment?
Either individual named on the license can come in to schedule the ceremony.
* How many days in advance can I come in to schedule?
Appointments are made on a first come, first serve basis. Please allow yourself enough time to schedule.
* What if my license expires before the date I want to get married?
Please return the license to issuing municipality and apply for a new license.
* How can I secure a date before I have a license?
We cannot secure dates prior to the license being issued.
* How many witnesses will I need for my ceremony?
You will need two witnesses for your ceremony. The State of New Jersey recognizes that any individual over the age of 7 (seven) can sign as a witness to a ceremony. Please keep in mind that witnesses taking an oath for the license application must be over the age of 18 (eighteen).
* Can I bring guests to my ceremony?
We welcome you to bring guests, however we ask that you kindly limit your guests to 10 per ceremony.
* Can I take photos/video of my ceremony?
You may take photos/video of your ceremony.
* Where can I find additional information?
Please visit the State of New Jersey website for additional information and downloadable forms.
Requirements for Appointments:
Once you have obtained a VALID New Jersey Marriage or Civil Union License you may visit our offices to schedule your appointment. Appointment are on a first come/first serve basis and reservations cannot be made over the telephone.
Subject to change without notification.